About Me

My photo
I'm Anna-I'm about to get my associates at community college in photography-and when I'm finished...I have no idea where I'm headed! I live at work, school, and starbucks.

Monday, January 11, 2010

unanswered questions

I've been thinking a lot about whether or not there is really a point in me having a blog.
I've been on livejournal since middle school-while for many years i used to write regularly and update....and the past year or two things have just faded away.
    I've asked myself if I've really got anything interesting to share-something that people will actually want to read...and the answer...probably not.
My life doesn't really stand out from any of the billions of bloggers out there...
What am I even supposed to say?
I wake up every morning and curse my alarm clock...shower, brush my teeth-stare in the mirror at my exhausted face-usually just throwing my hair up without a true care in the world about my appearance, and then get ready to face the day...I usually open up my laptop and check facebook, yahoo, flickr, livejournal, twitter, and all the other millions of sites that people connect with. I find my way downstairs, greet the dog, and head to the kitchen and groggily make myself a cup of coffee with lots of cream and sugar. I usually open the fridge door and stand in front of it gazing inside for about 30 seconds until I open the freezer and do the same...even with a fridge full of food, there is absolutely nothing to eat. I usually settle on a bowl of cereal. Special K to be exact.
     I  put on my coat and head into the bitter Michigan weather. Sometimes I'm lucky and I have the long drive to Royal Oak for class. It gives me time alone to think life over...to try and think about where I'm headed, and what I'm going to do when I'm done at CC. Or maybe I just put my ipod on full blast and just enjoy the drive. I sit through my photo classes and absorb every single word coming out the mouth of Rob Kangas...who is in my opinion, a photography genius....I've learned more then I could ever imagine thanks to his many years of experience. He believes in everything being genuine...The photography should be edited in the darkroom, and untouched in photoshop. I love photoshop as much as the next person...But film holds a special place in my heart over digital.
     Other days I head to work, munch on artery clogging popcorn, and listen to the humming and clanking of the gears and wheels  from each projector-some of the most soothing sounds in my life-Occasionally I peak through the windows into each theater-a view into an entirely different world
    Of course there's the days I'm able to catch a movie, or maybe go see a concert...Or perhaps just grab a coffee from Starbucks and sit at Barnes and Noble looking through photo books and magazines.

The day ends in almost reverse order of how it starts. I walk in the door, say hello to the dog...stare in the fridge and find absolutely nothing....walk up the stairs and into my room-throw on some pajamas...brush my teeth-stare in the mirror ask myself who I am and where I'm headed.

So I don't see how I have anything significant to share-and yet I can drone on about my daily life on the internet and wonder if anyone really will ever read it, or care. So this time around-it's for me. My mind has been on such a rampage lately. I ask myself questions everyday that I just never seem able to answer...and maybe this will help....perhaps I'll find the answer to "what the heck am i doing?!?!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment