About Me

My photo
I'm Anna-I'm about to get my associates at community college in photography-and when I'm finished...I have no idea where I'm headed! I live at work, school, and starbucks.

Friday, January 8, 2010

i'll see you both again someday

feel free to ignore this...just kind of a free write


I miss you.
I hope you're happy and doing fine.
I can't seem to keep you out of my mind
I know you're with Elizabeth as you were exactly 11 years ago.
but tomorrow your world would come crashing down-
if only we had known.
I still hear the echo of my father's words
and that she's with the Lord now.
My eye's met my sister's as we sat in disbelief.
I remember the car ride in the back of my daddy's pickup truck
and mama squeezing my hand while the salty tears streamed down her face.
i remember the black suits, the black dresses, and the black car that pulled her away.
I remember the cold, dark hole
and realizing it wasn't all a dream.

But you made it through, and found happiness
and eventually love once again
And when our world came crashing down at home,
it was to your house we went.
You helped us through everything
I remember your ridiculous jokes.
i remember your fuzzy mustache on my forehead every time you bent down to kiss me.
It was you that brought the hands of so many toward me to pray,
and never before or since then have i ever felt so much support.

I remember the horrible announcement,
and hearing about all of the procedures you'd soon endure.
The word "cancer" was suddenly a reality
and slowly things fell apart.
You remained optimistic
even when the doctors said "6 months"

You told me you loved me,
that i was beautiful,
and that God had plans for my life and that he will do amazing things through me.
I held your hand and bent down
so you could kiss my forehead once again.
I could feel it in my heart
I knew it was goodbye.

it's going on a year since I last saw you and
I still feel you.
I know you're around
and I hear you through the family's laughs
and the corny jokes that will live forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment